SLIDESHOW: SPCA of Niagara seize 64 from Lockport puppy mill
The SPCA of Niagara seized 64 Pomeranian dogs living in their own filth from a Lockport home. (Photo by James Neiss)
- Leadership Niagara youth program collects and shares prom clothes From scrambling to find a date, to practicing dance moves, to searching endlessly for the perfect dress, high schoolers from all over the region are preparing for one of the most memorable nights of their lives -- prom night.
- Old Falls Street announces summer lineup Free concerts, street entertainment and recent blockbuster movies are all set to return to Old Falls Street this summer. There are some new things coming as well, though, as event organizers and marketing gurus at Global Spectrum attempt to once again capitalize on what promises to be a strong tourist season.
- Teddy bear clinic teaches important lessons Using teddy bears, students got demonstrations in various useful subjects including proper hand washing and bandaging during the first ever Teddy Bear Clinic at Niagara Street Elementary.
- Orphaned polar bear cub lands at Buffalo Zoo It may have been the most anticipated package ever delivered to the Buffalo Zoo: an orphaned polar bear cub that arrived Wednesday from Alaska and will spend the summer with another cub born six months ago.
Niagara University holding community garage sale this weekend
It's no secret that students sometimes leave usable items in their wake as the hustle to summer vacation begins. A Niagara University committee is coordinating an effort to put those items to good use.
- Beekeepers remove 8-foot hive from Falls home Busch Brother's Beekeepers Paul and Jim Busch were hard at work Monday, removing more than 80,000 honey bees from a Memorial Parkway home.
DG Bread & Pizza brings back memories of Trusello's -- and its customers
What started as a search for a storefront for a business of their own turned into a whirlwind of public attention for Gail Zacher and her boyfriend.
- Six Niagara Falls pantries benefit from Saturday's Stamp Out Hunger drive Every year, the Stamp Out Hunger food drive fills the shelves of food pantries across the United States as organizations strive to feed those facing desperation or hard times.
Native Center in Falls opens its doors
Lewiston businessman Joe Anderson held a special preview night Thursday to offer a glimpse of his latest development, the new Smokin' Joes Native Center at 333 First St. in Niagara Falls.
Letter carriers assist food drive
The largest one-day food drive in the nation to help the needy is set for Saturday.
- More Communities Headlines