- Carrousel Museum riding into the future -- with Whistle Pig's past With any luck, this will be a big year for the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum, thanks to a few fondly remembered old amusement rides.
- Rotary Club willing to 'Shred-It' for a good cause The Lewiston/Niagara-on-the-Lake Rotary Club is hosting an event that will allow residents to not only help themselves, but to also support their local community. The group will hold its first "Shred-It" fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 27 in the parking lot of Mount St. Mary's Hospital at 5300 Military Road, Lewiston.
- United Way set to hand out honors Six individuals from across Niagara County will be recognized for their work and dedication to the community on Friday when the United Way of Greater Niagara hosts its annual meeting in Niagara Falls.
- Monument to honor Tuscaroras moves forward It could have become a forgotten moment in the "forgotten war."
- Hooping it up in the Falls
Heart & Soul recognizing those that serve the agency on April 25
A leading accounting firm and a local hospital will be among the honorees at the annual Heart, Love & Soul Recognition Dinner April 25 at the agency's dining hall in the city's North End.
- Dyngus Day tradition continues The Polish Nook's Dyngus Day celebration at the Cudaback Avenue restaurant took place Monday.
- Ice flows into the Mighty Niagara The spring removal of the Lake Erie ice boom in Buffalo allowed large chunks of ice into the Niagara River.
- NFL star Rob Gronkowski pays visit to Lockport High School student Tawfiq Baity's New England Patriots jersey was dirty, so he couldn't wear it to school Tuesday. No worries, he had a new one delivered to him by a special guest.
Aquarium of Niagara announces 5th annual Penguin Days amateur photo contest winners
It appears there's a lot of passion for penguins out there -- at least according to Aquarium of Niagara officials. The Falls facility announced the three winners of the fifth annual Penguin Days Amateur Photo Contest on Friday -- three images highlight the photographer's passion for penguins, says a release.
- More Communities Headlines