- Deadlines set in child killing case A frustrated Niagara County court judge said Thursday that the murder trial of a Falls teenager needs to move forward and he set some deadlines to get that done.
- NT manslaughter suspect posts bail, to seek a public defender A North Tonawanda woman accused of killing her boyfriend with a kitchen knife was freed on $100,00 bond this week from Niagara County Jail, where she has been held since February.
- Man who kidnapped, abused NT girl gets Level 2 sex offender status from previous conviction. A Tonawanda man sentenced to 15 years in prison in late April for kidnapping and sexually abusing a young North Tonawanda girl last year was in Niagara County Court Thursday morning for a sex registry assessment.
Interim probation granted in Falls gun case
A Falls man, who was arrested while packing a loaded handgun and who police suspect of trying to rip-off a drug dealer, has been given a chance to avoid time behind bars.
- Court appearance in NT child porn case Hollis Stewart, arrested this week for possessing child pornography, was in North Tonawanda City Court Thursday afternoon for a brief appointment with the public defenders office.
- Falls drug kingpin sentencing delayed A dispute over the length of his possible prison term has led to a delay in the sentencing of a Falls drug kingpin in federal court.
- Charges reduced in NT slaying A North Tonawanda woman who is accused of stabbing a man to death with a kitchen knife in February was arraigned in Niagara County Court on Tuesday, where she pleaded not guilty to two counts of manslaughter.
- Suspect in NT homicide cops plea deal A Michigan man pleaded guilty to murdering his girlfriend on Lincoln Avenue in North Tonawanda last year. Brian C. Lowry, 32, admitted on Thursday in Niagara Count Court to slitting the throat of Heather Rylowicz, 34, in November then bludgeoning her with a hammer, according to the Niagara County District Attorney's office.
- Matthew Davis, accused in botched burglary and slaying, sentenced to 25 years to life in prison Janice Bradberry, clutching a picture of her murdered son in her hands, asked Niagara County Court Judge Matthew J, Murphy III for "justice" and a "maximum sentence" for his killer. She got both on Thursday.
- Prison term in home invasion case A Falls man, who pleaded guilty to trying to rip-off a drug dealer while the dealer's apartment was being raided by narcotics investigators got a break in Niagara County Court on Thursday.
- More Courts Headlines