WHEATFIELD — Police and fire officials responded to a garage fire Monday afternoon at a home on Sy Road in Wheatfield.
A resident called police about 12:15 p.m. to report a dryer fire inside an attached garage. Everyone was out of the home when personnel from the Bergholz Volunteer Fire Co. responded.
The fire was contained to the garage but there was smoke damage to the home. The fire is still under investigation by the Niagara County Fire Investigation Unit. No injuries reported at the time of this press release.