• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2400 block of Falls Street. A 29-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 3 and 11:20 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into her home by kicking in a side door. The victim said an iPad, a 32-inch TV, a Nintendo DS3 game system and a Wii game system were taken.
• SHOOTING: Officers are looking into an apparent shooting incident in the 2300 block of Orleans Avenue. An 18-year-old man told police he heard banging on his downstairs side door at 1 a.m. Tuesday and when he went to investigate he confronted a man in his home. The victim said the suspect demanded money. Because he had just gotten out of bed and was naked, the victim told the suspect he didn’t have any money and to leave the house. The suspect laid down on the floor, told the victim to get dressed and get him some money. The victim was then joined by another occupant of the house and the two men threw the suspect out of the house. The victim and the other resident said the suspect then “shot up’ the front of the house breaking three windows and leaving holes in the siding. The shots appeared to come from a BB gun.
• ARREST: Two teens were arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 5:40 p.m. Wednesday. Erica Renee Owens, 17, 2447 Niagara Ave., and Adrianna Laughlin, 18, 2415 Niagara Ave., were each charged with petit larceny. The pair are accused of taking more than $82 worth of make-up without paying for it.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2100 block of Jerauld Avenue. A 65-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 5:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into her home by kicking in a side door. The victim said a 26-inch TV, a laptop computer, two digital cameras and a digital alarm clock were taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 500 block of 17th Street. A 21-year-old woman told police that sometime between midnight and 3 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into her apartment by unknown means. The victim said two TVs were taken.
City of Lockport
• DWI: James D. Starks Sr., 48, 430 East Union St. 9, Lockport, was charged with driving while intoxicated, failure to signal, an equipment violation and two counts of possession of a controlled substance Thursday. According to the report, Starks was stopped a 1:17 a.m. on Vine Street for several vehicle and traffic violations. There was an odor of alcohol and Starks was unable to produce a valid driver’s licence. Starks failed field sobriety tests and while being searched, he was found to be in possession of several prescription pill bottles. Two of the of the controlled substances were not in his name. Police also seized $1,050 which was held for evidence.