- EDITORIAL: Seizure of AP phone records insult to independent press Distrust of government secrecy has been elevated to an exceptional level with the disclosure the Justice Department covertly examined two months of Associated Press phone records to determine who leaked details to the AP about a foiled terrorist plot.
- Remember mothers on their day The Daily Star, Oneonta
- EDITORIAL: Earth Day a time for reflection Today is Earth Day -- a day when all are encouraged to appreciate nature, learn about environmental issues and reflect on how we can participate in global stewardship.
EDITORIAL: Direct-pay rent deal just makes sense
Kudos to the Niagara County Legislature for making what seems to us to be a logical change in the distribution of Direct Payment of Temporary Assistance, more commonly known as shelter allowance.
- Editorial: Terror, turmoil and security The bombings at the Boston Marathon are a stark reminder of the vulnerability of the world's strongest nation.â€©
- EDITORIAL: Questioning the Council Majority decisions It just leaves you shaking your head. While there's been a lot of progress in Niagara Falls over the past several years it's all seemingly ground to a halt. In fact, the city is now in danger of slipping backward.
- EDITORIAL: Niagara Falls City Council majority's 'new direction' same as the old Council Chairman Glenn Choolokian said this week that the city of Niagara Falls is moving in a "new direction."
- No one's perfect, even presidents
EDITORIAL: Pope left much work to be done
Being a pope hasn’t always been as easy as it might appear, as evinced by the resignation Monday of Pope Benedict XVI.
- EDITORIAL: Rent funds are for landlords There's nothing wrong with helping those in need.In the state of New York, and especially in an economically challenged community like the city of Niagara Falls, public assistance programs are at times necessary to help individuals and families through the rough patches in life.
- More Editorials Headlines