- EDITORIAL: Rent funds are for landlords There's nothing wrong with helping those in need.In the state of New York, and especially in an economically challenged community like the city of Niagara Falls, public assistance programs are at times necessary to help individuals and families through the rough patches in life.
- EDITORIAL: Funding cuts make no sense The people spoke during Monday's meeting of the Niagara Falls City Council. They packed a standing-room-only City Hall. More than 30 of them approached the podium to address city lawmakers.
- EDITORIAL: Cuomo's speech left many questions Much has been made of the fact that Gov. Andrew Cuomo's recent State of the State address appeared to be laying out not only his 2013 agenda for New York, but the potential for a 2016 campaign for president. But whatever Cuomo's plans for the future, he's got a state to run right now. And what wasn't said in his speech was in many ways more telling than what was.
- EDITORIAL: More time needed on Covanta plan Niagara Falls-based Covanta Energy has applied for a 15-year tax break agreement through the Niagara County Industrial Development Agency.
- EDITORIAL: Lawmakers: This is no time for raises Millions of working Americans will open their paychecks this week and find less of what they need most: Money.
- EDITORIAL: Congress does right thing in cliff vote
EDITORIAL: Resolutions for change
Make today be about new beginnings.
- EDITORIAL: Texting dangers must be curbed A study by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute found that people who send text messages while driving are 23 times more likely to be involved in a crash.
- EDITORIAL: Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:
- EDITORIAL: Gun control - not ban - should start solution Discussion about how to end gun violence in this country has dominated the national conversation for days, following the horrific events in Newtown, Conn. Friday.
- More Editorials Headlines