- Lew-Port school board holds off approving budget plan A packed house assembled in the board meeting room to address a proposed 2013-14 Lewiston-Porter School District spending plan.
- Water line work coming to the Village of Lewiston In the coming months, village residents can expect to see some construction work begin on some of their streets. Crews are expected to do some major work to several water and sewer lines, with an emphasis on ending some of the village's infiltration problems.
Dancing the afternoon away — for a purpose
The Lewiston Senior Center has a perfect way to get people from around Niagara County to visit: host a dance.
Fatal Lewiston fire being investigated
An elderly man was found dead after an early morning house fire on Lower River Road Sunday.
- In midst of budget crunch, Lew-Port looks to foreign exchange program for help With a grim budget situation continuing to develop in Lewiston-Porter, officials are turning to other means for income. One of those places might be the district's foreign exchange program, if high school Principal Paul Casseri has his way.
- Latest Lew-Port budget measures eliminate more postions, international exchange program Line by line, they examined it. Lewiston-Porter's 2013-14 preliminary spending plan came under the magnifying glass Tuesday as administrators and school board members worked through possible balancing acts trying to mitigate potential devastation.
Public comments focus on proposed changes at Joseph Davis State Park
While other major projects have stolen the headlines out of Lewiston the last few months, plans for work at Joseph Davis State Park continue to progress.
- Changes announced for Pubfest, Lewiston Art Festival Though it's only April and the flowers haven't even popped through the ground yet, it's never too early to think about the many summer festivals Lewiston hosts.
- Lewiston Gardenfest looking for vendors Longer days mean spring sunshine and warm summer days not far behind, bringing thoughts of gardening and landscaping projects. The Lewiston GardenFest, presented by Lewiston Garden Club, is now accepting vendor applications for its 8th annual event on June 22 and 23 along Center Street in Lewiston.
- Rotary Club willing to 'Shred-It' for a good cause The Lewiston/Niagara-on-the-Lake Rotary Club is hosting an event that will allow residents to not only help themselves, but to also support their local community. The group will hold its first "Shred-It" fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 27 in the parking lot of Mount St. Mary's Hospital at 5300 Military Road, Lewiston.
- More Lewiston Headlines