Fire forces evacuation at elementary school
Shortly after leaving their buses or parents dropped their children off at West Street Elementary Monday, an electrical fire forced an evacuation of the building.
- Betsy Diachun earns big county honor, to be recognized during Albany ceremony Do not wait politely until 9 a.m. to call Betsy Diachun.
Sign of spring: Silo opens in Lewiston
As the calendar changed from April to May, Alan Hastings knew it was time. The Silo restaurant on North Water Street was officially opening for business.
- Lew-Port sets price for proposed rec center site Progress concerning the Lewiston Civic Center has been at a complete standstill for a month now, as a desire for action and a slow, methodical approach have met each other head on.
- Lew-Port superintendent, some board members not keen on trying to exceed tax cap. There's two different lines of thinking emerging on the current Lewiston-Porter School Board.
- Lewiston town officials waiting on Lew-Port to give final price on desired property for recreation center Progress has come to a screeching halt concerning the Lewiston Civic Center's construction. After months of designing the multi-million dollar facility, having public information sessions and trying to find a suitable location for its needs, Supervisor Steve Reiter said he's simply waiting for the next step to come together.
- Teacher concession talk on table at Lew-Port Christopher Roser is a desperate man heading into the final week of budget preparation in the Lewiston-Porter School District.
- Lew-Port school board holds off approving budget plan A packed house assembled in the board meeting room to address a proposed 2013-14 Lewiston-Porter School District spending plan.
- Water line work coming to the Village of Lewiston In the coming months, village residents can expect to see some construction work begin on some of their streets. Crews are expected to do some major work to several water and sewer lines, with an emphasis on ending some of the village's infiltration problems.
Dancing the afternoon away — for a purpose
The Lewiston Senior Center has a perfect way to get people from around Niagara County to visit: host a dance.
- More Lewiston Headlines
- Fire forces evacuation at elementary school