SLIDESHOW: Niagara Falls 2012 Veterans Day Observance
Niagara Falls held the 20012 Veterans Day observance at Hyde Park on Sunday, November, 11.
- Local News
- Falls voters elect new members to school board and approve budget with tax hike In the Niagara Falls School District on Tuesday it was a bad day for incumbents and a closer than usual vote on the annual budget.
- Lew-Port budget voted down by voters A bid to pass a school budget in excess of the state-imposed tax cap failed to win support from voters in the Lewiston-Porter School District on Tuesday.
- N-W spending plan falls short by a mere three votes It was the narrowest of margins, but the Niagara-Wheatfield School Board majority elected en masse two years ago has yet to succeed in an initial budget vote.
- Town of Niagara supervisor, councilman make up following heated exchange, removal from post The town of Niagara was without a commissioner of police, but only for a matter of hours.
- Falls narcotic detectives arrest three Falls Police narcotics detectives executed a pair of search warrants and arrested three people in connection with investigations that targeted a prolific pill pusher and a North End drug house.
- Greenway panel pans Lewiston projects A vote of "not consistent" has little bearing on the future of two Lewiston-based capital projects. Still, those words rang out as the verdict for both the Lewiston Civic Center and the Lewiston-Porter School District's $26 million capital project at the latest Niagara River Greenway Commission meeting Tuesday.
- Funeral director is named county coroner Lockport resident Michael A. Ross was appointed as a Niagara County coroner Tuesday.
Wheatfield officials call state audit of town finances 'routine'
Town of Wheatfield officials confirmed the presence of state auditors investigating the town's finances Monday.
Falls cops turn to public for information on fatal Sunday shooting
Falls Police say they are hopeful improved communications and trust with folks living in communities in the North End will give them a break in their latest murder investigation.
Niagara-Wheatfield deals with tragic Sunday car crash
Classes at Niagara-Wheatfield resumed as normal Monday, one day after a one-car accident on Walmore Road claimed the life of one 12th grade student and injured two others.
- More Local News Headlines