NIAGARA FALLS — A Falls teenager is in stable condition after she was hit by a car on 59th Street on Sunday. Falls Police Crash Management investigators said the 16-year-old-girl had just come out of a nearby church and ran into the street where she was struck by a car driven by a 70-year-old man. The girl suffered serious facial injuries, but none of the injuries are life-threatening. Police said no charges were lodged against the driver of the car.
- Local News
Lewiston Road contractor facing fines from OSHA
The Depew contractor hired to finish the Lewiston Road reconstruction project has been accused of "willful and serious excavation safety violations" at the site by the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Cuomo pushes tax plan
- Governor mum on casino talks
- Falls voters elect new members to school board and approve budget with tax hike In the Niagara Falls School District on Tuesday it was a bad day for incumbents and a closer than usual vote on the annual budget.
- Lew-Port budget voted down by voters A bid to pass a school budget in excess of the state-imposed tax cap failed to win support from voters in the Lewiston-Porter School District on Tuesday.
- N-W spending plan falls short by a mere three votes It was the narrowest of margins, but the Niagara-Wheatfield School Board majority elected en masse two years ago has yet to succeed in an initial budget vote.
- Town of Niagara supervisor, councilman make up following heated exchange, removal from post The town of Niagara was without a commissioner of police, but only for a matter of hours.
- Falls narcotic detectives arrest three Falls Police narcotics detectives executed a pair of search warrants and arrested three people in connection with investigations that targeted a prolific pill pusher and a North End drug house.
- Greenway panel pans Lewiston projects A vote of "not consistent" has little bearing on the future of two Lewiston-based capital projects. Still, those words rang out as the verdict for both the Lewiston Civic Center and the Lewiston-Porter School District's $26 million capital project at the latest Niagara River Greenway Commission meeting Tuesday.
- Funeral director is named county coroner Lockport resident Michael A. Ross was appointed as a Niagara County coroner Tuesday.
- More Local News Headlines
- Lewiston Road contractor facing fines from OSHA