- Local News
Break-ins at several vacant homes reported by Texas bank contractor
A contractor working at three vacant homes in the city on behalf of a Texas bank reported Tuesday they had been broken into and burglarized.
- Culinary institute's Savor restaurant will be allowed to put 12-table seating area on Old Falls Street Savor is getting a patio.
- Zajac to challenge Virtuoso for Legislature seat Niagara Falls resident David J. Zajac, a Republican, announced his intention to run against longtime incumbent Democrat Dennis Virtuoso for the 6th District legislative seat in this year's election.
- Big jump for Stella Niagara in middle school rankings Ranked at 13 last year, Lewiston-Porter's Stella Niagara Education Park was listed in third place in the 2012-13 Buffalo Business First middle school rankings released Wednesday.
- Principal placed on leave as investigation continues A Niagara Falls elementary school principal is on paid administrative leave while police investigate allegations of sexual misconduct made against him.
- Niagara-Wheatfield breaks down tax hits in $62.4M budget up for vote next week With a week to go before a second -- and final -- budget vote for the Niagara-Wheatfield School District, administrators and school board members have handed the proposed 2013-14 spending plan off to the taxpayers for approval.
- Calling casino deal a loser|Race tracks: State casino deal in making is a loser. The group that represents video slot machine centers at race tracks says casino expansion in New York will cost taxpayers and schools millions of dollars without creating substantially more jobs.
- County panel supports welfare housing inspections A committee is recommending the Niagara County Legislature take a closer look at mandatory housing inspections for local welfare recipients.
- Lew-Port promotes tax numbers With a tax levy increase up in the air for 2013-14, Lewiston-Porter officials are hoping the estimated rise is much more friendly to taxpayers than last month's proposal.
- Lew-Port ranks fifth in elementary school rankings Lewiston-Porter Primary Education Center has some bragging rights this year.
- More Local News Headlines
- Break-ins at several vacant homes reported by Texas bank contractor