- MUSIC: Underwood, Swift, Hough: Women rule the ACMs The women of country have taken the wheel.
- MUSIC: High school bands rock NU Rock ‘n’ roll has always been a young person’s game. And bands don’t get much younger than the groups coming to Niagara University on Friday night.
MUSIC REVIEW: Free Henry soars
The ultimate goal of a jam band is to create a seamless flow on a record, a sort of melodic stream of consciousness. Free Henry! accomplishes this and more.
- MUSIC: Music is Art comes to Niagara County The midst of a recession might seem to be the worst time to expand the business operations of any organization. Robby Takac disagrees.
MUSIC: Staind frontman to perform two shows in Niagara Falls
Having recently returned from an extended European tour, the members of Staind are in the midst of a well-deserved break.
Well, most of them, anyway
- MUSIC: Bacon Brothers visit Niagara County this weekend. When asked what label to apply to their music, the Bacon Brothers couldn’t easily offer an answer.
- MUSIC: Lockport musician wins acclaim in national songwriting contest If you listen closely to the songs of Andrew Mitchell, you might just hear musical echoes from his father and grandfather.
- MUSIC: A swingin' Valentine's Day Another thing young people won’t believe is that there was once a time when complex and sophisticated music, with elaborate arrangements, superb musicians and lyrics that actually meant something, was the norm.
- MUSIC: N&D Grammy preview It’s a new half-century for the Grammys. Now in their 51st year, the awards can take a new step toward relevance and hipness.
- MUSIC: Protest the Hero’s busy tour visits WNY Entering a second decade with its original lineup, the Canadian heavy metal band Protest the Hero could rightly bask in the glory its members have created for themselves.
- More Music Headlines