Tickets for the Flaming Lips at Artpark will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.
- Night & Day
- Here comes 'The Polish Prince' It's the busiest weekend in long time for high profile concerts in the area. At Artpark on Friday the Avett Brothers perform the first concert of the venues 40th anniversary season. Darien Lake hosts Tim McGraw on Saturday and on Tuesday Fall Out Boy makes a stop at The Rapid's Theatre for a sold-out show.
- Allegheny National Forest is a wooded wonderland When I first got an email announcing the Wild and Scenic Film Festival in Bradford, Pa., I thought it would be a good way to spend Earth Day 2013.
- Soldiers Through the Ages returns to Fort Niagara this weekend On Memorial Day weekend, Old Fort Niagara will showcase the region's military history from the 17th through the 20th centuries with a special event called "Soldiers through the Ages."
Corey Feldman coming to Niagara Falls Comic Con
Corey Feldman is coming to Niagara Falls Comic Con this June.
- CALLERI: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' shows a comedic side If you're not part of the "Star Trek" cheering section, you're to be forgiven if you can't keep track of all the incarnations of the outer space adventure. The best advice I can give for developing an understanding of the connectivity among all the motion pictures and television programs is to take them one at a time. You'll slowly see how interwoven everything is. Of course, understanding doesn't necessarily have to mean appreciating.
- JENNINGS: David Bromberg back in the saddle, in town Friday After a 22-year sabbatical from performing, the mayor of the town in Delaware where folk artist David Bromberg resides told Bromberg that there used to be lots of live music performed on the street where his violin shop is located and he wished it would return.
- Kenan Center to present exhibit of Margaret M. Martin works The Kenan Center House Gallery's exhibit "Margaret M. Martin -- A Watercolor Perspective" opens Sunday, and runs through July 12. The exhibit is being guest curated by Beth Pedersen.
- Marrakesh Express stops by the Riviera 0n Saturday Marrakesh Express, the world's only touring tribute to legendary supergroup Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young will be performing Saturday at the Riviera Theatre in North Tonawanda.
- CALLERI: 'The Great Gatsby' looks at an era through a funhouse lens There have now been six attempts to film "The Great Gatsby," F. Scott Fitzgerald's quintessential American novel about a mysterious wealthy man in love with a memory.
Tuesday's Vicki Lawrence show at the Riviera rescheduled for July
Due to emergency appendix surgery, the “Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two Woman Show” scheduled at the Riviera Theatre for two performances on Tuesday has been rescheduled for 2 and 8 p.m. July 25.
- More Night & Day Headlines