Night & Day — The Erie Canal Discovery Center, 24 Church St., has announced several new selections in its popular documentary movie series entitled, “Movies & Popcorn.”
These feature films will be shown every Saturday morning this winter and spring at 11 a.m. and includes several award-winning productions from around WNY as well as other documentaries and travelogues prepared by National Geographic and PBS.
On Saturday, movie-goers will reminisce as they view, “I Remember Olcott,” which chronicles the story of “Old-Olcott” and its rebirth, as led by a grassroots team of preservationists who wanted to purchase and restore a vintage Herschell Carousel.
The complete schedule of upcoming Saturday Matinees (11 a.m.) includes:
• SATURDAY: “I Remember Olcott” The story of the rebirth of Olcott that started with a vintage carousel.
• MARCH 2: “Spring Fever Antique Fair” - No Movie
• MARCH 9: “Flight of Five-A Little Short of Madness” The story behind the Flight of Five restoration
• MARCH 16: “Secret Yellowstone” Celebrate the wonders of the planet with National Geographic
• MARCH 23: “The Everglades” Kayak through the hidden secrets of the Everglades
• MARCH 30: “Extreme Alaska– With amazing images taken from the summit of Mount McKinley.
• APRIL 13: “Death Valley” Face the wild extremes of life in Death Valley
• APRIL 20: “Canyon Lands” From the National Park Collection
• APRIL 27: “Hidden Hawaii” Travel off the road to see sites usually missed by tourists
• MAY 4: “Key to the Locks” & “Song Contest” - No Movie
Admission to these films is included in Erie Canal Discovery Center general admission of $6 adults, $5 seniors and $4 students. For more information contact the Discovery Center by calling 439-0431.