- GUEST VIEW: Seneca Niagara Casino is all we need Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking about. I hear and read about people chastising the Seneca-run casino in Niagara Falls.
GLYNN: 'Bums Park' short walk from falls
Shame on those for allowing a couple of properties within walking distance of the nation's oldest state park to deteriorate to skid row status. There's plenty of blame to share.
- EDITORIAL: Plan B needed on casino funds The city of Niagara Falls has been facing significant problems for many years.
- GUEST VIEW: Niagara-Wheatfield school board doing best it can In a recent reader view, a resident brought up numerous points that paint a picture of government deception, bullying and a lack of compassion to those on fixed income by the Niagara-Wheatfield Board of Education. I can without equivocation say that his views are the furthest from reality.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: The 'write' way to do things In memory of the late grammarian and linguist J.J. Kilpatrick, Doug presents his quarterly roundup of sentence-structure demolition, as effected by people who oughta' know better. English finals soon? Pay attention:
- GUEST VIEW: Breaking down the Lew-Port budget vote Einstein once said he did not understand our tax system; well, I fear, most of us do not either. I want to share a few facts about your school district and taxes.
- HAMILTON: Falls 'dumbs down' school board petitions I guess that, after 20 or more years, if you cannot teach your own favorite board members how to do something as simple as getting 100 of their own friends and neighbors to properly sign their petitions, then the next best thing to do is to dumb down those petitions.
- EDITORIAL: Seizure of AP phone records insult to independent press Distrust of government secrecy has been elevated to an exceptional level with the disclosure the Justice Department covertly examined two months of Associated Press phone records to determine who leaked details to the AP about a foiled terrorist plot.
- GLYNN: Cuomo puts a different spin on Albany meetings Like him or not, Gov. Andrew Cuomo can never be criticized for not thinking outside the box.
- BRADBERRY: Soar like eagles, or scratch like chickens ... easy pickins' Having been born and raised, educated and employed here in my beloved hometown of Niagara Falls and having had the amazing opportunity to travel the world, come back home and serve my community in too many capacities to count, I must admit, I was more than a little excited by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's Monday announcement at Old Fort Niagara that Brand USA will represent and promote our region.
- More Opinion Headlines