The owner of a junkyard on Balmer Road told Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies that sometime Friday night someone entered the property and took 35 car batteries.
The estimated loss is $525.
• FRAUD: An Eddy Drive resident reported to Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies on Saturday that someone they know may have forged checks and is responsible for unauthorized charges on their credit card. The resident found seven instances for a total of $2,700.
• CHARGED: Chester L. Bradley, 37, 1918 Whitney Ave., Niagara Falls, was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, driving without a license and speeding about 2 a.m. Sunday, according to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office. A deputy on patrol said he saw Bradley driving 60 mph down Saunders Settlement Road, a 45 mph zone. After being stopped, the deputy said Bradley told him he didn’t have a license and knew he shouldn’t be driving. His license was suspended for failure to pay child support and answer a Falls summons, according to the report.
• DWI: Mark D. Smith, 47, of Niagara Falls Boulevard, was arrested Friday for aggravated DWI and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle.
• WARRANT: Nicholas L. Bowman, 21, of Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, was arrested Friday on a warrant for fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.
• DWI: Thaddius J. Huston, 22, of Cherry Street, Lockport, was arrested Saturday for aggravated DWI, failure to keep right and improper left turn. He is being held in lieu of $250 bail.